SENTENCE: Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
As we know, driving a dangerous vehicle that results in death is punishable.
The sentences are:
- IMPRISONMENT is not less than 2 years or less than 10 years.
- A FINE of RM5,000 to RM20,000.
- SUSPENSION OF LICENSE for 3 years and subsequent offense for 10 years.
Every day we heard news reports that there are many accidents caused by drivers who are driving under the influence of alcohol. This is a necessary precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of all road users.
Here are the penalties for drivers who are driving under the influence of alcohol or causing injuries:
- IMPRISONMENT is not less than 3 years old or not more than 10 years old.
- A FINE of RM8,000 to RM20,000.
- SUSPENSION OF LICENSE for 5 years and subsequent offenses for 10 years.
Reference: Jabatan Keselamatan Jalan Raya
If your car insurance is getting expired, you may visit the leading car insurance platform in Malaysia, SUREPLIFY. With this platform, you can save time by renewing car insurance and road tax anywhere at any time.